You like to wear jewelry. Good. You like to make your own choices. Even better. And many a times you feel that a specific design of the jewelry could have a better orientation had it been in a different color or shape or pattern. And at times, do you also hold a view that you would have done the design in a particular way? If you have had any of such feelings, then here’s an opportunity for you to set things straight. Jewelry television has launched an open contest where contestants can submit their own jewelry designs and hog the spotlight. Live your dream of creating your own line of jewelry design with JTV.com
Is this that famed JTV that has a reach of 80 million households ?
Yes, it’s the same JTV. Founded in 1990s, JTV is now among the top online retailer for everything related to fashion and real jewelry. More than 2 million visitors visit its site JTV.com every month. JTV is also the world’s largest colored gemstone retailer. It’s the only customer interactive channel with exclusive focus on retailing of jewelry and gemstones.
What’s the contest about ?
The JTV 2015 Rockstar designer contest extends an open invitation to everyone who has a liking towards jewelry designing. The contest opens the doors to industry experts, industry insiders, jewelry manufacturers, top level buyers and an exposure to national and international audience. The winners get introduced to the industry and guided by get expert mentorship.
How will the contest work ?
A panel of judges, consisting of industry leaders and experts, will select 100 designers among all the applications that will be received under the contest at JTV.com. The designs of these 100 selected finalists will be posted online for public viewing and voting. This will narrow down to the list to 10 semi-finalists.
From these 10 semi-finalists, the group will be further narrowed down to a list of 5 names who will be notified by JTV.com to visit the JTV headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee. It will be an all paid trip for these 5 top finalists. Everything included. The top 5 finalists will go through a reality TV style competition. They will pass through 4-stage elimination round where they will be working on unique design challenges. All this will be filmed, recorded and telecast on the national broadcast network and aired on JTV.com/rockstar.
Age eligibility for entering the contest is set at 21 years.
How to enter the contest
- Upload your headshot
- Upload your video but take care it doesn’t exceed 2 minutes in length.
- Upload up to four more images to display your designs.
- Agree to the official rules of the contest.
- You will need to provide a detailed description of each file that you upload.
Detailed Requirements which will help getting you selected
- Images should be uploaded in .jpg format and videos should be .mov, .wmv, .mp4 supported.
- It’s necessary to provide first and last name with each of your upload.
- Along with your image upload, you will need to provide detailed description of each design – the details can contain but not limited to materials, technique used, inspiration behind the design, how to wear it, and/or any other details which you feel can add value towards the concept of your design.
- Photographs should be cropped closely so that it can be examined and evaluated in detail.
- The brightest thing in your photograph should be your object and background should be solid simple color which will help to make your object more attractive.
For selecting any candidate it is also necessary for us to know him/her as a person, contestant’s passion towards work and nature, so your video should also capture you along with your work but keep in mind the video should not exceed the 2 minutes border line, including everything. The video can depict your nature, your art, your skills, your interest and passion towards your field. It can consist of you spending time with your family, you at work and things which can help us to understand you better. You can take help of your family members or friends to capture you in such moments. The video should be something that you must feel happy about.
How to take a good Headshot
- For achieving the most gratifying effect of your headshot, you should take your photo from straight ahead or from a slightly above angle.
- Evade overhead light if you are taking the photo indoor to avoid the unflattering effects of shadow.
- For getting the best effect of natural sunlight, avoid facing the sun and instead position the sun behind you.
How to make good video & photograph
Use of solid color should be preferred in the backgroud and care should be taken to see the color you chose is in contrast with your object.
- The video should be shot in landscape form if a smart phone is used.
- Don’t start instantly in your video, give 5 seconds to lapse and then display or speak about your work of art.
- The camera should be steady and clear; blurry or unclean images would be negative for your selection. You can use a tripod for steady surface for position your camera properly.
- The video you create should not only contain your design but also should include you as a person
- Please keep in mind that if you are selected as a finalist, you should return the completed finalist agreement before you move to the next phase of the contest.
- Be in agreement with the official contest rules of the JTV 2015 Rockstar contest.
- The list of second round finalist will be declared on 29th May. You would be informed either by phone or by mail or both. Finalist will be notified before 3pm EST. Failure in reaching you (finalists) may result in disqualification. So make sure you can be reached either by phone or email.
For more details, visit the JTV 2015 Rockstar Contest page here.