Each and every type of shoes, taking from brogues to sneakers needs proper attention while planning for maintaining your shoes. Not all the shoes create equal importance neither you can treat all the type of shoes with equal importance and treatment. You can’t treat a canvas shoe similar to the way you treat the leather one. But each of the type of shoes needs proper maintenance and care for lasting it for a longer period of time. Buying a nice pair of shoes is just the beginning, but taking care and properly maintaining your shoes will lead your way in a better manner. One of the biggest mistake that men and women make is to neglect process of maintaining your shoes. Only buying and getting the shoes at home is not important but taking proper care is also important for enjoying your favorite shoes to last for longer period of time.
Put some time of the day and make some efforts for maintaining your shoes by cleaning the soles and the fabric. Maintaining your shoes will help you in lead and standing with your feet in any situation whether it is punishment of to walk for many more miles. But the ultimate aim should be keeping your shoes to be up to date and maintaining it properly. The following tips will help you in knowing and understanding the importance of maintaining your shoes with ease.
Tips on maintaining your shoes:
- Polishing the leather often or many times is helpful for maintaining your shoes. As soon as you are buying your new shoes and getting it out of the box, shoe polish is important. It will offer you with better shine and finish all day long and will last for a longer period of time too. Polish containing the ingredients like Shea butter and mink oil combination works bet and is more suitable to your shoes. It is one of the ideal balances of conditioning and polish you can offer to your shoes.
- Polishing your shoes each time you are putting it on. At least polishing it when you are leaving out of your home into a bad weather is helpful in many ways for maintaining your shoes in a better way. Opting or investing for Suede shoes, protecting it will help you in leading your shoes to maintain in a proper way. Treat the shoes with the suede spray that is easily available in the retail stores. This spray helps from protecting your shoes from mud, salt and helps in resisting from water.
- It helps in not damaging your shoes from any of these elements. It is advisable of testing the spray before you take it for the use. Because many a times, it is observed that the spray is applied and it changes the color of your shoes. Also take a note on purchasing a good suede eraser that helps in maintaining your shoes. Select a soft brush so that it doesn’t harm the actual finish of the shoes.
- For removing the stains, use the eraser to target the stains on the shoes. Rub and scrub it well for removing the stains. Rub it unless the stains are not removed completely from the surface of the shoes. Maintaining your shoes in this way will help you in performing best efforts for it. At the end use a spray for maintaining the finish of your shoes.
- Saving your shoes from any downpour is included in the tips of maintaining your shoes. If you find yourself stuck in downpour, the first thing you should plan is to save your shoes from getting damaged permanently. Get home and dry it as fast a possible. Making the use of newspaper is best while facing such situation. Stuff a bunch of newspaper in your shoes and let it dry for some time. Place the s hoes in a well-ventilated area for making the drying process more comfortable.
- Planning for drying the shoes with the help of a hair dryer? Do whatever but don’t try out drying your shoes by using a hair dryer. Even placing the shoes near the heater is strictly prohibited. It will make the leather and the surface of the shoes brittle and crack and can also damage the shoes that will be no longer taken into wearing or using it again.
- It is advisable of maintaining your shoes with a sponge because it is very hard to know that from which materials is your shoes made. Sometimes, it is observed that the sponge tip applicator attracts to your favorite polish your use for your shoes. It might contain such ingredients that are harmful for your shoes. Instead, using a shoe care kit is more advisable. It is designed and materialized based on the use and the type of shoes you are wearing. The kit contains the elements like natural hair brush and shoe polish.
- Before you start using your new pair of shoes, ask a cobbler to place a rubber strip or sole on the bottom surface of the shoes. The rubber soles are beneficial because it will not only offer better protection to your shoes but it also help you in felling relaxed while you are putting it on. Surplus to that it is easily available in any retail shop, and is cheap in cost, that is easily affordable by you. Even replacing a rubber sole is also easy, the old rubber sole is replace with the new one and the task is done.
- Want to make your shoes look rugged? Don’t put your shoes through a ringer just to have the rugged effects. Rather you can easily get the rugged effects even by protecting the leather. Using a neutral cream or a leather balm is advisable, but avoiding it to buff from shining. Want to increase the age of your shoes? Just a pinch of black polishes and guess what you are through it. Using a black polish doesn’t provide any damaging effects to your shoes and maintaining your shoes process will be easily taken to its aim.